Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Slightly More Coherent Star Trek Review (actual criticism)

ok, i had to come back later when I was more coherent and actually say something constructive...

WARNING: SPOILERS (only a few...I promise. ;) )

Star trek fulfilled my expectations as a Trekki and I thought that the way the new actors did the part was definately to rival the originals. if i'm being honest, the new Kirk was better then Shatner. (Sorry, man, but I didn't think you were that great of an actor.) I thought that the romance between Spock and Uhura was awesome, and totally unexpected, while I found Kirk's fling with the green-skinned chick pretty funny. I thought they made his original role as a lady's man fit in pretty well, also. Scotty was hilarious, McCoy was just as funny. I did think that their villain, an angry Romulan with a desire for revenge, was a bit flat and kind of cliche. Other then that, everything was excellent. All of the fears I'd had walking into the theater were gone within two minutes of the movie.

well, that was a semi-coherent almost-review of Star Trek... I hope they do more, to be honest. It was awesome. (Spock, Spock, Spock, Spock, Spock!!! EEK!!)

Lovez to Yew,
Brii333

No comments: