Thursday, March 26, 2009

Angry (Again!)

You know what makes me so mad I could just spit?

When someone I care about is treated badly and there is nothing I can do about it.

A very good friend of mine (no names or details) is letting himself get kicked around, and he can't defend himself, because if he does, he will get sent away. And it pisses me off. I hate not being able to do anything for somebody but listen, hug them, smile at them and say, "Everything's going to turn out okay."

But what if everything doesn't turn out okay?

I want everything to be alright, really, I do. More then you know.

I want to help somehow.


But complaining about not being able to do anything isn't helping. I'm going to go back to reading Shakespear, and hope that he will have more good advice to give me. (Although, as I just started Hamlet, I somehow doubt anything helpful will be coming up.)

xoxo,
Brii333

QUOTES OF THE DAY

"Let your heart feel for the afflictions and distress of everyone."
~George Washington

"A sad soul can kill you far, far quicker then a germ."
~John Steinbeck

1 comment:

Okie said...

That's definitely rough. Especially when there seem to be bad consequences if you do step in.

It's hard, but I'm sure just having you giving him kind words and a sympathetic ear is probably helping a lot.

Best of luck finding some way to help.

And have fun with Hamlet. I'm not sure he'll inspire you to any method to help your friend (I definitely wouldn't advise any duels or elaborate dramatizations of the maltreatment), but he does provide some good insights into friendships and loyalty in addition to the overarching theme of revenge. :)