Sunday, March 22, 2009

Injustice/Would you please explain Obama's stimulus plan to me?

GAY MEN BANNED FROM DONATING BLOOD????
wtf.
I understand why; they have a documented higher risk of passing HIV/AIDS. Whatever. But can't they just get tested for HIV? I mean, don't we need donated blood? There was something about needing donated blood awhile back, I think. Or maybe I'm just super sensative to this shit. Whatever.

This policy was put into action by the FDA in 1983. I hadn't heard of it, until I was randomly looking through articals about political crap (which makes me angry anyway, I don't know why I do it...) and I ran across this artical right here: http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2007/may/07052505.html
Okay, the LGBT community just wants to live like it's another healthy lifestyle course. We understand that it's hard to live this way, but do people have to make it more difficult? I also understand that I will never have to worry about this policy, as I'm a female, but several of my good friends WILL have to deal with it, and this automatically makes it a problem with me, too. It's pissing me off.

Also, several states have banned homosexual couples from adopting.
The only state that says outright that homosexuals cannot adopt is florida, but Mississippi banns "same gender" couples from adopting, as does Utah, though single gays and lesbians may adopt.

Where is the justice!!!!!!
I know I say that a lot. Maybe I should just stop reading that stupid HRC newsletter. It always manages to piss me off.

One thing that confuses me about all this crap is the Catholic church. I've got nothing against Catholics in general--half my family and a few of my friends are Catholics. But what bothers me is that the Vatican says that homosexuality is a sin and then has the nerve to cover up pedefilia among their...er...subjects, preists, whatever.

They're all a load of complete and total smegheads.

Not only that, but I do not understand Obama's stimulus plan. So if anybody would like to explain that to me, it would be much appreciated.

xoxo,
Brii333

QUOTES OF THE DAY

"Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law."
~Boethius, The Consolation of Philosophy, A.D. 524

"If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: 'Hello. Can't work today, still queer.'"
~Robin Tyler

No comments: