Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pissed Again

I've been thinking again. (Jeez, I've been doing a lot of that...)

The people in the area I live in (The Almost-Edge-Of-Nowhere, Minnesota) don't seem to really pay attention to the outside world. It looks to me that they read just the headlines of the news, and they assume that everything's just lovely or absolutely dreadful or whatever the front page says that day.

It makes me so sad.

The worst part is that they all, young and old, think that going to war is the solution for everything. They applaud when we send troops to Iraq, and then that goes sour, so they think that taking our men and women out of Iraq and sending them to Afghanistan will fix what we've fucked up. There are no cares about the innocent people who live there, the children and elderly, the men and women who just want to feed their families. We really know nothing about them, and no one cares.

It makes me sick, and as hard as I try, I can't get them to think about what they're saying, what they're approving.

How could people who are usually so genuinly good stand for something so wrong?

Brii333

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing; that to win a war is as disasterous as to lose one."
~Agatha Christie

2 comments:

opinionated_teen said...

Brianna, you and i both know most people think war is the answer to everything, i however, do NOT!! You know that i am totally ANTI-WAR no matter what...

Brii333 said...

lol, i know, Billie. BREATHE. it's ok. you're totally on the good side.