Tuesday, March 24, 2009

John Green [is Godly]

I love this author. Not only is there a character in every book that I can relate to, it's just fun to read. Not many books have both, and I love it when ALL of an author's books do. It makes me happy.

Anyway, I'm reading An Abundance of Katherines right now. I'm about halfway through it, and it totally makes sense. I really relate to the character Lindsey--A chameleon who bites her thumb and enjoys talking with super smart people. At least, that's who she is right now. I don't know about later in the book, because I'm only on page 151. But anyway.

I've also determined that with Colin's bell curve, I am nearly all the way to the right, meaning I'm an almost complete Dumpee. If you have not read the book, the bell curve is this: at the left end of the bell curve, there is the extreme Dumper--the person who pretty much only dumps people and is RARELY dumped. On the far right, there is the Dumpee--the one who very rarely dumps somebody else and is very nearly always the one being dumped. I am not a complete Dumpee, but I am so incredibly close to being a complete Dumpee that that end of the curve is biting me in the ass. Well, not quite that close. But you get the general idea.

Anyhoo, read John Green's books. They are amazing. (Looking for Alaska is my personal favorite. It kicks ass.)

xoxoxo,
Brii333

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"I'm full of shit. I'm never myself. I'm nothing. The thing about chameleoning your way through life is that it gets to where nothing is real. Things about you, and things about Colon, and things about Hassan and Katrina, are either true or they aren't true. But I'm not like that. I'm what I need to be at any moment to stay above the ground but below the radar. The only sentance that begins with 'I' that's true of me is I'm full of shit."
~Lindsey, John Green, An Abundance of Katherines, page 150

1 comment:

Okie said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll add him to my reading list. :)