Monday, April 20, 2009

Your Super Power

How can one so small
Cause so much pain?
Your super power--causing tears--
Is driving me insane.
Your blows are low
But cut like knives...
How could your words cause
so much mis'ry in our lives?
A moon with a dark side
You cannot hide,
This tormentor I feel empathy for,
Though, still, I'm not sure why.
I remember you happy,
Smiling and glad.
What happened to
Those times we had?
Trade butterflies for
Broken glass,
Good memories for
A tainted past.
A bitter taste lingers,
Sweet yet sour--
Lingering aftermath of
Your dark super power.



uhm...yeah. I wrote that poem in about two minutes, so it took a lot of editing to sound even remotely right. I had to mess around with the word 'misery' and change it to 'mis'ry' so it would sound right. :/

anyhoo, it goes with a poem that I wrote over a year ago, titled

Broken Glass and Butterflies

Embedded deep into my arm,
The shards of glass that sparkle burn.
The rest is strewn across the floor,
From a window that is no more,
Shattered by your baseball bat,
But the pain that I feel doesn't hurt like that.

The pain is deep within my soul
Where tears that never end do fall.
Where have the days behind us gone?
Where did the light go? Where is the sun?

What happened to your smiling face?
What is this thing that's taken your place?
It's sucked away the good in life,
So all that's left is pain and strife.

Is this what hell's like? What is heaven?
Did we do something wrong to some heavenly brethren?
Why is it that I want to die?
Where have my tears gone? Why can't I cry?

I've scrubbed my body, hands, and face.
I still feel dirty, and not in my place.
Can I trade lives with someone else?
Anyone, anyone but myself?



As you can see, I've come a long way in the past year.

Constructive Criticism Welcome,
Brii333

No comments: