Thursday, April 9, 2009

Acrostics

For our poetry book in English class, we had to write acrostics. We were only supposed to write two, but I wrote four. I happen to hate the way acrostics look, so I wrote them to look like not acrostics.

To make it easier for you to read the word down the side, though, I'll make it a different color.

Damn, I hate the way that looks. :P

Anyhoo, for the first one, we drew a word out of a little container, and I drew the word "Saltwater."

Ocean Drowning
Savior Impersonation, poisoned and
Always eager to
Leave it's bitter
Taste on your lips.
Weaving into your lungs
As you
Try to choke the murderer back up as it
Eats it's way past your crumbling,
Ripped defenses.

and then I just pulled a few out of my brain...

My Fault? Probably...
With this, I'm never sure if it's just me,
Or the who world.
Ripping razors in my lungs restrict
The air I try to hold.
Hell is where I know I'll go,
Lest I can change my ways,
Each empty beat of worthless heart
Seems pained, Shredded, Awry.
Something's tearing it apart...

Maybe I Should Go To Lunch...
Hellish clawing in my core,
Undermining self-control.
Needing food and wanting it,
Gets hard to tell the difference.
Every movement trembles with question,
Rapidly losing what ground I've gained.

Street
Slippery extent of shiny tar,
Tripping on the cracked cement.
Rip my jeans of crumbling black,
Every fall shredding my flesh,
Every shred dripping red
To mix with that of those before.

Constructive criticism wanted.

Much Love
Brii333

No comments: