Sunday, April 19, 2009

More Poetry

So our assignmnt on friday was to write three more poems--one about a month of the year, one speaking to something not human, and one made up almost entirely of questions.

Enjoy.

In April

Raindrops fall like jewels,
In April,
Saviors with power to heal.
Soft mist condensing on my face,
Cool and kind on my skin, it feels
almost soft, and with light steps,
twirls down, for the dead ground to feed.


Drama

You call to me like a siren's song,
I know I can't resist for long.
But, let's say for argument's sake,
To leave you behind is the choice I make.
I believe great longing I would feel,
to return to the song and the stage and the real
Love for pretending I know that is I,
The Sanctuary it brings me, inside.
So I know that Drama is where I must go,
To the rhythm of the steady flow
From the scene to the act to the musical.


So Many Questons Ask the Same Stupid Thing

Will I ever be able to
Be like you?
Can't I be pretty,
Small, and dainty, too?
A fragile Beauty
the world want to see--
Can I ever live up to
What I'm 'sposed to be?

The world's expectations
Are so hard to own.
Why can't I be the way
I've always been shown,
With delicate hands,
and a tiny waist?
Why can't all these eyes
Just give me my space?

I know that a Beauty
I never will be,
So why do I try to
Be what they want to see?
I can't seem to help
This obsession of mine,
Though I know it's what's
Killing me, deep down inside.



Hoping to Hear Consructive Criticism,
Brii333

No comments: