Saturday, October 3, 2009

Catch Up

It's been an aweful long time since I've updated my blog. :P Unfortunately, my internet time is much limited since Mom put her foot down about my going to Dad's house every weekend. Also, since school started back up now, I've been UBER busy. With the combination of my new status as Junior, lots of homework, art club, FCCLA, and practice for solo competition/All-State Choir try-out preprations, I'm pretty busy. I also have a very long booklist to start on; I just finished reading "Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd" (which was excellent) and am now reading "A Journy to the Center of the Earth" (which is...interesting). I'm thinking to join Knowledge Bowl, too, I just don't know if my distracted brain is full of enough random knowledge to do that.

I also just started a beginner jazz/ballet/tap dance class for teenagers, and it's pretty difficult...for someone who hasn't had a Phy Ed. class since the nineth grade.

But...my classes are good. There's the usual--geography, geometry, American literature... but all the rest are electives!!! This semester I'm taking Psychology, which is fascinating even if it is insanely difficult; Choir, which is as easy as usual, even if it is fun; Mythology, which I happen to be doing the homework for right now (I'll post my summerizations of the Pheonix and Orion and Merope stories when I finish); and then there's Drawing and Design. That last one is not as easy as it sounds. The self-portrait part was hell (I've never been one to stare into a mirror studying my features more then necessary), so I just guessed at what I look like and then changed it up a lot. Mrs. B can't fail me--I followed all the requirements with shading and preportions. So what if I filled the eyes in completely black and made my hair look as if it were being woven by a ginormous spider?

Hmm...what else...not much...
Oh!
I've got some more things put up on the Teen Ink web site. If you'd like to vote for any of my poetry/prose/whatever it is, pleeeease do so...

http://www.teenink.com/mystuff.php?act=mywork

Lurvz2AllUvYew,
Brii333

1 comment:

Okie said...

Welcome back. Sounds like things are crazy busy, but fun too. :)

As a heads up, I've awarded you a blog award...stop by my blog to pick it up. :)