Saturday, June 20, 2009

Little Brother Problems

My eleven year old brother, Sky, is driving me absolutely insane. Seriously. That kid is the biggest smart-ass I've ever met...besides for maybe my dad. The problem is, Skylar doesn't understand when it's okay to be a smart-ass, and when he needs to shut up. If he gets in trouble for something and Mom tells him to sit down (so she can yell at him, of course), he'll sit down EXACTLY where he is rather then the chair she's pointing at, so he's sat on the floor in the bathroom for long periods of time, responding to Mom with an "I can't, you told me to sit down," every time she tells him to "Come here!" **rips hair out by roots** and he does this sort of thing ALL THE TIME. He thinks it's FUNNY. It was funny the first couple of times, but now it just makes me want to take him and throw him out a window. And I'm usually a very non-violent person.

How do I deal with this? Every time I tell or ask him ANYTHING, it's always taken so literally! I've gotten to the point where I'll even almost look forward to going to my babysitting job (where I get sat on and feet shoved in my mouth and screamed at and messes get made that I have to clean up because apparently 12-year-olds and eight-year-olds are unable to clean up after themselves) rather then stay at home! How do I get him to treat myself and my mother and Tamie with some measure of respect? He acts like he's in charge of US, rather then the other way around. And Mom LETS him!!!!!! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because he's the precious younger child that takes after her more then I do doesn't mean ANYTHING!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: