Sunday, February 7, 2010

Writing

Writing is difficult. Those of you who actually have read my work (http://adjectives-on-a-typewriter.blogspot.com/) know that yeah, I can write a pretty decent poem and all that. But I can never seem to finish a short story or anything like that without a deadline. The one on Paranoid Schizophrenia that I wrote was written the same day it was due. It's not that I don't like writing them, it's that I get mad and think they aren't any good and then I quit. I mean, I know I'm being rediculous and that first drafts are SUPPOSED TO SUCK, but I just get mad and throw the notebook into the corner of my bedroom underneath my desk/shelf/whatever-the-hell-it-is reserved for discarded stories and cut up magazines and old photographs and sketches and leave them there. Once in a while I'll dig one up and work on it a little more, but it's never more then a page and I always throw it back into the pile. How am I ever going to get anything done if I continue like that? WTF!!!!!!!!!


So if anyone's got any ideas on how to make me kick my own butt out of the realm of procrastination and frustration, that would be positively lovely.


While you're at it, you can check out my other blog (link in the first paragraph )and give me constructive criticism, because I like that. (wow, aren't I just awesome at promoting? I should do that for a living. **heavy sarcasm**)


xoxo,
Brii333

No comments: