Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Okalahoma!

So our school musical this year is Oklahoma!, which, in my opinion, is one of the most annoying musicals ever written. However, I get to play Ado Annie and that's fun, so it's okay.
We've been doing practices for about two weeks or so now, and Sean (the guy playing Jud) had only come to one practice. He showed up at one to say that he "wasn't sure" if he was going to be in the play or not, and we told him to either be in it or not so we could find a new Jud if we needed to, and he quit.
I'm torn between being murderously irritated and uncontrollably excited. First of all, when you sign up to do something, you do it. No excuses. However, I was starting to get sick of him after being at One Act rehersals with him for a whole month. Whatever. Mostly I'm just pissy cuz now we need to find another guy that's willing to sing. Do you know how difficult that is in this area? Apparently it counts as a point against someone's manlyhood to be in a musical. Who knew?
But other then that, it's good. Practices are reasonably fun, besides the annoyance of fidgety, "i-can't-sing-louder-then-a-whisper-even-though-every-other-time-I-open-my-mouth-I-try-to-drown-every-other-little-sound-out-just-because-I-can" choras kids, I mean. Not all of them. Just three and a half fourths of them.
Phew! I'm ok. **breathe!**
Lovez2yew
Brii333

No comments: