Friday, October 31, 2008

Utitled VIII

--Just as I start to drift off, I’m jolted back by a creak, so soft.
--As I cling to the blankets, I feel something creeps
--Across the floor, and through the room, invisible in the dripping gloom.
--Trembling, I can only assume that the Sandman’s come, with nightmares to seep
--into my mind. They drip from his fingers, eager to leak
--Through my skull—they’ve havoc to wreak.

--He’ll plant in me thoughts of blood and gore, thoughts that I should
--Be forgetting, and sending to hell with my tears.
--In fetal position, I shake and I plead, beg him to choose someone other then me.
--I don’t want to again dream that dream, one he keeps feeding my fears.
--My courage gathers, sit up, turn on a light, then wait for my vision to clear.
--When it does, I wish I’d left the light off--Shut my eyes, and cover my ears.

--But still, I can see, I can hear…the thing on the floor, which shrieks and cowers in fear.
--Who would’ve thought that the poor soul’s single dread was that which makes all that’s good grow?
--Cracking open my eyelids, I let go of my ears, and feel pity for the childlike creature,
--The sandy skin of his back starts to smolder, the things red-rimmed eyes glow in hateful anger.
--The Sandman, he is being charred by the light, and I feel that I’d rather
--Dream again then hear the pitied, poor wraith writhe in the light’s cruel, bright torture.

--And so, reaching up, I turn off the light, brace myself for another nightmare-filled night.
--But then, I feel nothing, and I open my eyes just in time to see Sandman tip-toe out, undisguised.
--Turning back at the very last moment, I see that his glowing red eyes looking directly at me
--He gives me a trembling, hunch-back bow, and I see, just barely, the look in his eyes…
--He’ll be back, every night, without fail, for to drive me mad, lead to my demise…
--And next time, there’ll be no compromise.


okay, yeah, it sucks. i got that. for Lit, we had to write a poem in the style of Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven." (i love that poem.) but anywayz, just thought i'd post it here for the sake of posting it and whatevz.

TOODLEZ!!!!!
Brii333

1 comment:

opinionated_teen said...

that was really cool...it didn't suck...