Saturday, June 14, 2008

No Buisiness like Show Buisiness...

omygodomygodomygod!!!!!!!!! for school, we had a music trip to NYC, which was amazing enough, but we got to go see Wicked at the Gershwin Theater...i don't think i've ever seen anything so amazing, and i'm positive i'll never feel that thrill at any place but the theater. i wanted to be up there so bad, i could've died.

so, my new goal is to make it to Broadway. i'm going to work harder then anyone's ever worked before, and i'm going to make it. i've always loved theater, but i never thought it would be so amazing, so beautiful...i want to be a part of something that astonishingly beautiful...

and the play touched me. i felt like i could relate to Elphaba...sure, i don't have green skin, and i'm not a witch, but...i've been pushed around and made fun of my whole life, like that. and the song 'Defying Gravity' totally just...it was amazing. i was speechless. that song made me realize that, damnit, i can do whatever i want in life, even if someone else says i'm not good enough. i can make myself good enough. i can do it, and goddamnit, i will. i'll push myself beyond what i've ever been pushed before, and i will make it happen.

quote of the day

Elphaba: it's time to try defying gravity, i think i'll try defying gravity, and you can't pull me down...

Glinda: Can't i make you understand, you're having delusions of granduer...?

Elphaba: i'm through accepting limits cause someone says they're so. some things i cannot change,but 'till i try, i'll never know. too long i've been afraid of loosing love, i guess i've lost. well, if that's love, it comes at much too high a cost...

i'd sooner buy defying gravity, kiss me goodbye, i'm defying gravity, and you can't pull me down...

unlimited, together we're unlimited. together, we'll be the greatest team there's ever been, Glinda--dreams the way we planned 'em...

Glinda: ...if we work in tandem...

Both: there's no fight we cannot win, just you and i--defying gravity. with you and i,defying gravity...

Elphaba: they'll never bring us down...

so if you care to find me, look to the western sky, assomeone told me lately, "everyone deserves the chance to fly." and if i'm flying solo, at least i'm flying free. to those who'd ground me, take a message back from me: tell them how i'm, defying gravity. i'm flying high, defying gravity, and soon i'll match them in renown. and nobody, in all of oz, no wizard that there is or was, is ever gonna bring me down!



Peace,

Brii333

No comments: